Director, Integrated Marketing
- Full Time
Future’s US Trade Marketing team is seeking a Director, Integrated Marketing, who will be joining a thriving team of 12 that spans across Integrated Marketing, Client Solutions, Design, Research and Events.
The Trade Marketing team serves as the primary contact for the Future sales teams, responsible for both the pre-sell ideation and collateral and post-sell custom solutions execution. The also team supports the development of new revenue-generating ad products by creating sales collateral, media kits, and case studies.
The Director, Integrated Marketing will be managing all pre-sales functions, including but not limited to: RFP proposal development, custom solutions and experiential marketing programs. The Director, Integrated Marketing currently has one (1) direct report. As a leader within the Trade Marketing team, the right person for this role is both a creative and strategic thinker and a self-starter who can thoughtfully communicate, create and develop collateral that supports sales, custom solutions, corporate branding and events. This person must be collaborative and willing to participate in strategic conversations and motivated to innovate and elevate our brand in every capacity. The position will report into the VP of US Trade Marketing.
Job Summary & Purpose
The Director, Integrated Marketing oversees and mentors a team of savvy sales marketers responsible for quarterbacking custom pitches and programs for Future’s vast portfolio of brands across tech, gaming, music, and science categories. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated multi-tasker, with a “big idea” mindset, who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. This role is based in the New York Office and reports to the VP, Us Trade Marketing.
Key role responsibilities
The role requires a strategic marketer who can drive all integrated sales programs and materials from conception to implementation. This person will also align closely with other members of the US Trade Marketing team and the VP of Experiential Marketing to conceptualize and deliver 360-degree opportunities.
- Serve as the main point of contact for requests by sales leaders regarding pitches, presentations, package-development, in-person meetings, media days, marketing collateral, etc tied to their business. He/she will need to field requests, assign, evaluate and prioritize.
- Coach team members in the development of RFP/RFI responses, ensuring that the response clearly communicates the overarching platform concept, the creative ideas, Future’s value proposition, and Future’s capabilities in supporting the client’s objectives – leveraging data and insights where applicable.
- Drive innovative and strategic-thinking in brainstorms.
- Manage the RFP/RFI development process with clients, agencies, Future sales and other internal Future teams (editorial, social, video).
- Act as the face of Future Integrated Marketing within sales and client meetings, presenting, advising and training on Future sponsorship opportunities.
- Collaborate with Experiential marketing team to develop and build 360-degree integrated programs both custom and off-the-shelf.
- Partner with other members of US Trade Marketing on strategic editorial program initiatives, ad solutions, and new brand positioning.
- Evolve and Implement pre-sales process with internal parties including sales, editorial, social, video, and account management.
- Identify, meet and engage with potential new 3rd party vendors to drive continued digital innovation across our portfolio.
- 7+ years of experience in ad sales marketing and/or integrated marketing
- Previous managerial experience, enthusiasm for mentoring and guiding teams is a plus
- Proven track record of strategic capabilities and thinking
- Self-motivated with demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented, organized and extremely creative, with an ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Positive attitude, self-confidence, and a kind-yet-assertive nature
- Industry knowledge and strong interest in media trends, consumption habits and eCommerce is a plus
- He/she should be comfortable with change and adapting to new situations.
Essential skills and experience
- Expertise in PowerPoint, Microsoft Office and Google Suite. Understanding of Keynote is welcomed but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with an idea for design and a flair for unique storytelling
- Positive attitude!
- Bachelor's Degree