Executive Assistant/ Office Coordinator
- Full Time
Founded in 1926, Sarah Lawrence is a coeducational, residential liberal arts college situated on a wooded campus just north of New York City in Bronxville, NY. The College is internationally renowned for its combination of strength in artistic creation, high expectations for written expression, and a uniquely rigorous academic program. Wide ranging and intentionally interdisciplinary, the academic program is built around a pedagogy of close collaboration between faculty and students in a process of directed exploration made possible by a student-faculty ratio of 9-to-1.
Sarah Lawrence College seeks an Executive Assistant/Office Coordinator, a high energy professional who is an organized, independent thinking go-getter. The Executive Assistant/Office Coordinator to the Vice President of Advancement and External Relations is responsible for the efficient and effective functioning of all administrative processes of the VP’s office. But this is no ordinary administrative role. This is a diverse role where you will be the right arm to the VP.
- Prioritize workflow and interdepartmental communications related to a wide range of matters requiring the attention of the Vice President of Advancement and External Relations. Communicate & inform other team members of VP’s needs & act as liaison between each area.
- Exercise discretion & solid judgement in flagging and prioritizing matters requiring the immediate attention of the Vice President and in determining when and how the Vice President should be informed of emerging or evolving issues. Respond on behalf of VP, learn to make day-to-day decisions that save the VP time and move things forward.
- Independently gather data and information the VP will need in order to make decisions
- Ensure the VP has all necessary information & materials prior to meetings, events or important calls, following up as needed. Know where the VP is and how to contact at all times.
- Ensure Board of Trustees, senior staff and donors receive white glove customer service at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and protect sensitivity of work and communications within the office.
- Be responsible for general administrative duties such as generating correspondence including drafting and editing own or on behalf of the VP, calendar management, travel arrangements (including generating itineraries), meeting management (including generating agendas, booking rooms, ensuring all materials are prepared). Filing, copying, answering phones, order and maintain supplies.
- Attending or booking special events with VP which may include booking space, guests, interacting with high level staff or high profile donors. This will include possibly working evening or weekend hours on average 2-3 days per month.
- Assist with budget prep and management.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of administrative experience and or communications, operations, public relations or event coordination experience. Experience supporting a senior executive needed.
- Proven ability to effectively interface with high profile individuals and leave a positive impression.
- Able to handle multiple projects and priorities with poise and confidence.
- Proven ability to work independently and exercise excellent judgment. Impeccable attention to detail; highly organized.
- Able to think and plan ahead keeping VP informed at all times. Anticipate needs.
- Very strong technical skills including the full MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, & Excel). Database experience/CRM experience required: Raiser’s Edge or similar program a must. Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to draft own correspondence and other writing pieces.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Experience working in higher education preferred but not required.