Designer - Creative Marketing Services
Posted: 2/7/2019 | Expires: 3/9/2019
Location: New York, New York
Function: Creative & Design
Specialty: Graphic Design
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Are you a fan of great design and great books? Are you a highly creative individual who wants to bring innovative designs to book publishing advertisements and promotional materials? Then we have the perfect job for you!
Penguin Random House is seeking a Designer to join the Creative Marketing Services department, supporting the Avery, TarcherPerigee, Portfolio, and Sentinel imprints. Working with a wide variety of nonfiction titles, this is an exciting opportunity to put your creative skills to work on cutting-edge projects and branding initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Conceptualizing and designing print and digital promotional materials for our books, including but not limited to print and digital ads, social media images, emails, website assets, infographics, postcards, bookmarks, advance reader copies, and point-of-purchase displays.
* Working closely with the Art Director to refine designs, incorporate feedback, and route work to internal departments.
* Maintaining strong working relationships with the Marketing team to translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually engaging, and on brand.
* Communicating with production partners, printers, and vendors to source and produce promotional items.
* Constructing physical book mockups and other tactile displays and signage.
* Coordinating with the Advertising Manager to manage and track digital advertising.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.