Account Supervisor, Financial Communications & Capital Markets
- Full Time
About Financial Communications:
Edelman’s Financial Communications & Capital Markets team helps public and private companies promote and protect their reputations, as well as navigate complex financial issues and situations. Leveraging the reach and resources of the world’s leading communications marketing firm, we position clients with the financial community during normal-course business and in transformative situations – including M&A, IPOs and spin-offs, crises, and shareholder activism. We also serve as a strategic communications partner to investment banks, brokerage firms, real asset investors, hedge funds, private equity and venture capital funds, exchanges, and other institutional market participants. Our work is designed to inform investors, manage issues, and bridge divergent stakeholder needs with an aim of building trust and enterprise value.
About the Opportunity:
The Account Supervisor will be responsible for developing and executing financial communications programs for our deep roster of financial and non-financial clients. Ideal candidates will come from related fields including agency or in-house communications role, research, management consulting, journalism, investment analyst and/or investor relations roles. The candidate should have strong knowledge and understanding of capital markets and possess a strong comfort level in counseling senior executives on financial communications-related matters, as well as engaging with media and influencers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Play major role in creation of communications plans and goals, including development of both tactical and strategic elements; manage against them
- Manage large projects and small teams on one or more sizable accounts
- Create, drive and execute strategic media relations programs
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders
- Help set client program goals and manage against them
- Draft and develop client materials, including investor communications, press releases, Q&A’s, talking points and key messaging documents
- Serve as daily client contact and as client lead when appropriate
- Oversee quality and operational performance of accounts, ensuring work quality and deadline/budget adherence
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in financial communications or related fields, including business media, marketing, management consulting, investment analyst and/or investor relations role
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills; able to multi-task
- Proactive and self-motivated; anticipate upcoming client projects and deliverables
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate good judgment
- Interpersonally agile and a strong team player
- Ability to provide exceptional client service
Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world's largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Among its many honors, the firm was awarded the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR, named one of 2018 "Agencies to Watch" by Advertising Age and "Global Agency of the Year" by both the Holmes Report and PRWeek, and cited five times by Glassdoor as one of the "Best Places to Work." Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.