Senior Account Supervisor, Financial Communications and Capital Markets
- Full Time
About Financial Communications and Capital Markets:
Edelman Financial Communications & Capital Markets is a boutique strategic consultancy with the reach and resources of a leading global communications marketing firm. We advise public and private companies on strategic communications and investor relations to help effectively position them with the financial community during transformative events as well as during the normal course of business. Our offering includes M&A, IPOs and spin-offs, crises, shareholder activism and IR. We also have a leading practice providing strategic communications counsel and support to firms in the alternative asset management and broader capital markets space. Clients choose to work with us because of our specialized and experienced financial communications team, our ability to provide the full range of Edelman’s services (such as digital and social media, public affairs and employee engagement) as well as our ability to access Edelman’s global network with more than 65 offices around the world.
About the Opportunity:
The Senior Account Supervisor plays a lead role on client accounts and is responsible for developing and running communications programs for our deep roster of financial services and asset management clients. Ideal candidates will come from related fields including agency, journalism or in-house communications. The candidate should have strong knowledge and understanding of the capital markets. The candidate should be comfortable across various asset classes and have strong hands-on media relations experience with top-tier business outlets, a track record of developing and implementing successful communications programs, and experience in serving as a day-to-day client lead.
- Drive and lead communications strategies and programs
- Manage multiple projects, including for large and global accounts across both traditional and digital communications channels
- Serve as day-to-day client lead
- Serve as a spokesperson for media inquiries on behalf of clients
- Review and edit client materials, including investor communications, press releases, Q&A’s, talking points and key messaging documents
- Strategize and lead your teams in executing on media relations programs Leverage strong media relationships to deliver results for clients
- Actively be involved in new business opportunities, including identifying new business prospects, networking, developing content for presentations and participating in new business pitches and meetings
- Serve as a mentor for junior staff and assist in ensuring junior staff are trained, engaged and have the right resources to succeed
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in financial communications or business media, or related field
- A strong understanding of the capital markets, previous work with investment banking, asset management, private equity or hedge fund clients a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Leadership skills and ability to effectively lead and manage a team
- Strong organizational skills; able to multi-task various responsibilities
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate good judgment
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills; writes and presents effectively
- Ability to provide exception client services
- Interpersonally agile and a team player
Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world's largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Among its many honors, the firm was awarded the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR, named one of 2018 "Agencies to Watch" by Advertising Age and "Global Agency of the Year" by both the Homes Report and PRWeek, and cited five times by Glassdoor as one of the "Best Places to Work." Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
Take a peek behind the scenes of our US operation at https://edelman.us.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.