Account Execuitve, Digital Sales & Partnerships
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Account Executive (Digital) will play a critical role within our fast paced advertising sales Partnerships team (CODE) with a focus on driving digital revenue through the direct sales of our online advertising partnerships – including Apple News, Snap, Buzzfeed, Vox and YouTube. Ad products include but are not limited to: Video, mobile, display and content sponsorships as well as adoption of new and evolving digital products. The Account Executive will be responsible for growing revenue across multiple platforms through the development and sale of creative advertising solutions. Revenue closure, account relationship building, customer satisfaction and product implementation are key to a successful candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
Drive digital advertising sales, developing new digital and social revenue opportunities, penetrating new verticals and markets (from new clients and for new platforms and activations), and shaping future digital monetization opportunitiesBuild, manage, and develop relationships with clients, agencies, advertisers and our partners through day-to-day interactions; actively grow industry relationships in order to gain marketplace intelligenceUnderstand customer KPI’s and look for opportunities to develop monetize-able solutions, including customizable cross-platform opportunities that meet client needs.Keep abreast of the continually evolving digital media marketplace, customers and competition in order to conceive and effectively execute a sales strategy that generates and informs product offerings and drives improved operations and financial results
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, results-driven, digital salesperson with a track record of building meaningful digital revenues, an expansive network, and an ability to envision and execute on new business opportunities. He/She will be have an understanding across advanced advertising products and emerging digital and social media platforms.
• Minimum of 3+ years of selling experience in Advertising Sales , Digital Sales experience only – Mobile experience a plus.
• Knowledge of the digital media / social media ecosystem, including both self serve (API) and Managed service advertising models.
Data driven with a solid understanding of digital advertising performance metrics and digital measurement capabilities.
• Proven experience in prospecting new clients, generating sales leads and closing the sale
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external partners and constituencies to execute programs in a unified effort using best practices
• Consistent track record of achievement in increasing / maximizing sales revenue and profitability across multiple products and offerings
• Self-starter; ability to work very independently, but also fit into a strong team environment
• Analytical / strategic thinker, creative problem solver, resourceful, able to initiate change and motivate innovation and creativity
• A Bachelors’ degree from an accredited and recognized institution of higher learning is required with an advanced degree ideal
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.