Writer/Producer - KXAS
Location: Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Job Purpose: NBCUniversal’s Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a Newscast Writer/Producer. As a Writer/Producer, you will create content for the most innovative news organization in Texas. We are searching for a candidate who wants to grow their skill set and develop into a line producer capable of running one of our main newscasts.
Job Duties: Build stories and newscasts while working with a team of producers, reporters, and anchors.Craft content using excellent writing and editing skills as well as your own unique vision.Write/segment produce for a variety of newscasts as assigned.Collaborate with newscast directors, promotion teams, graphics artists and newsroom staff to coordinate the production of newscasts.Field produce for major event coverage, coordinate with line producers and talent for dynamic presentation of informationPlan ahead for major coverage and assist/direct booking of satellite interviews, in-person interviews and pacer opportunities to build comprehensive coveragePerforms other related duties as assigned.Basic Qualifications
Additional Job Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a daily newscast producer
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #)
- Must be willing to work in Fort Worth, TX just south of DFW airport
- Must have the ability to work any shift
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to create urgent and interesting news copy
- Skilled social media user, who uses Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other platforms to build content and attract viewers
- Proven track record of boothing live events and newscasts
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
- Knowledge of libel law and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Team player who is flexible
- Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Intense familiarity and interest in current news events.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.