SVP, Corporate Affairs & External Affairs
Location: Miami, Florida
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: PR & Communications
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The SVP Head of Corporate Affairs and External Affairs will oversee community
affairs, sponsorships, corporate social responsibility, community partnerships, and
corporate reputation in support of NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises' goals in
reaching key internal and external stakeholders. This person will also be the
principle liaison to the company's government affairs division and will work closely
with them to identify issues important to the company's key constituents.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead the Corporate Affairs division.
• Develop and implement broad corporate programs/campaigns to advance
Telemundo’s brand awareness, priorities and community impact with key
• Work closely with the EVP and Chief Marketing Officer on initiatives that deepen the
company’s relationships with elected officials and civic organizations.
• Define and develop strategies in support of the company’s corporate social
sesponsibilities and public affairs objectives.
• Create and implement sustainable programs that help educate the press, policy
makers, nonprofits, community influencers and other stakeholder groups
on Telemundo’s brand, priorities and community citizenship.
• Collaborate and build relationships with the broader NBC Universal
• Oversee the development and management of external sponsorships and Telemundo’s
corporate affairs initiative: “El Poder En Ti”
• Build relationships and identify funding grants from foundations to further
“El Poder En Ti” initiative.
• Partner across internal business units including, News, Digital, Marketing and others
to advance the Telemundo brand and business objectives.
• Build and maintain relationships with key external partners/stakeholders including,
national nonprofit organizations, foundations, government/elected officials and
community and business leaders.
• Lead and manage the Corporate Affairs team, budget, building capabilities and talent
• Work closely with Marketing on branding strategies and Government Relations on
identifying important issues affecting Hispanic audiences.
• Ensure reputation/crisis communication preparedness, and engagement across
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in community development and affairs, nonprofit, and/or corporate social responsibility with experience in the media industry strongly preferred
• Track record in media relations, marketing, corporate communications, government affairs and other issues management related communications functions
• Proven experience and relationships working with local governments, advocacy groups and community organizations
Proven experience developing programs that drive awareness of services or product offerings targeting Spanish language consumers and communities
• Strong executive presence; ability to interact effectively at the highest level of an organization and the savviness to communicate and synthesize complex issues crisply, clearly and convincingly.
• Extremely detail oriented and a strong ability to provide insightful analysis
Superior influencing skills and ability to gain the respect of, and build a rapport with, multiple constituencies, internally and externally.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English a must
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.