Customer Retention Associate
- Full Time
The Customer Retention Associate will support all customer retention for Foreign Affairs. This is an excellent opportunity to learn the best practices of subscription marketing and retention across multiple channels of business.
As part of a team, reporting to the Circulation Operations Director, he/she will learn how to coordinate email, mail, and online campaigns. He/she will also play a role in creating a new, data-driven approach to subscriber reengagement.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Support the execution of marketing campaigns such as direct mail, insert cards, and Holiday gift promotions email and online
- Monitor and forecast customer retention and payment rates across marketing campaigns and by customer segments, noting trends and opportunities for improvement
- Coordinate direct to consumer mail campaigns with third party lettershop and fulfillment houses
- Support the creation of customer segmentation, pricing, marketing cadence and promotional codes for all customer retention and win-back campaigns
- Develop and run monthly performance reporting across all customer acquisition and retention sources for senior management
- Work closely with senior management to create and test a new, data driven strategy for lapsed subscriber win-back campaigns across multiple channels
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. business, marketing, operations) with high academic achievement
- 1+ years of related experience (e.g. publishing, media, marketing, or a related industry)
- Strong written and verbal communication; strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and project management experience; highly proficient in Excel
- Results-oriented self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team
- Proven knowledge of and interest in international relations and foreign policy strongly preferred
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
Founded in 1923, Foreign Affairs is the leading magazine for serious discussion of major geopolitical issues in the world today. It features insightful commentary on the international order, political ideologies, economics, and more from renowned experts and thought leaders in their respective fields. Foreign Affairs is the flagship publication for the Council on Foreign Relations, which is a leading independent, national membership organization and nonpartisan center for scholars dedicated to producing and disseminating foreign policy ideas.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.