Interactive Art Director
- Full Time
60% Strategy + Design
• Design high quality visual and interactive mobile/web experiences for all agency properties across web and iPhone/iPad/Android/Windows 7 mobile web browsers.
• Deliver platform-specific design assets to development.
• Assess product, user research and design requirements.
• Analyze competitor offerings, customer feedback, site metrics and usability reports to create user-centered designs.
• Communicate concepts through sketches, diagrams, wireframes, visual comps and interactive prototypes.
20% Management of Operations
• Responsible for the planning of interactive projects and the implementation of workflows, and processes.
• Closely monitors the work pipeline to plan and make adjustments for execution. Responsible for making staffing recommendations and performing interviews of candidates.
• Collaborates with direct reports, as well as others throughout the Agency to ensure that Interactive deliverables adhere to agency standards of user experience, quality, budget, and client’s expectation and contractual scope.
• Provides subject matter expertise and is responsible for being a thought leader for the agency’s interactive line of business.
20% Collaboration + Presentation• Work with cross-functional teams to manage and deliver design assets on time, as well as champion the best possible user experience for agency clients.
• Collaborate with developers as needed to understand technical requirements.
• Present design + interactive recommendations to clients as needed.
• Collaborate with strategy, media, account and business development teams to identify and develop new business opportunities.
Qualifications:Education:- Bachelors in Fine Arts, Graphics and/or related experience.
Experience:- 4+ years of mobile/web design experience, preferably industry/agency experience.
Additional Requirements:• Proven ability to work closely with programmers and client teams throughout all stages of the product cycle.
• Strong understanding of technical constraints and specifications for designing platform-specific mobile design assets.
• Expertise in best practices for mobile and web design, as well as solid experience in designing usable user interfaces on multiple platforms.
• Be a leader that can guide a team of designers, providing feedback and direction.
• Solid understanding of design principles, typography, color and page layout, and a great eye for detail.
• Experience with taking a data-driven approach to design.
• Ability to meet aggressive deadlines for multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Passion for innovation and keeping up with the latest web technology trends.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate creative concepts to clients.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.