Associate Producer, OTT and Livestreams
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC.com is looking for a tech-savvy Associate Producer to help curate and produce video content and livestreams for OTT devices such as Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV. This candidate should exhibit solid business news judgement, strong writing and communication skills and the ability to dive deep into audience analytics.
The producer will curate CNBC.com’s video library for its OTT platforms and help develop audience insights to help programming efforts among the wider video team. This associate producer will also be tasked with producing livestreamed events for CNBC.com and its OTT platforms, working with the Senior Producer on the news and programming team to identify best practices and workflows.
This producer should be excited about business news and understand the importance of accurate and balanced coverage as well as the value of being first. They will be mentored by and learn from the smartest people in business journalism, and work on projects that will reach millions of viewers across our digital platforms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and curate playlists for CNBC’s OTT, mobile and desktop platforms
- Produce and package custom versions of existing video assets for OTT
- Craft platform specific headlines for video content
- Create platform specific thumbnails using Getty Images and Adobe Photoshop
- Produce and monitor live-streamed events and programming for several CNBC platforms
• At least 1 year of experience in digital media
• Experience with content management systems
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop
• Demonstrate organizational and time management skills and work well under deadline pressure
• Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around OTT programming and audience development
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and weekends
• Broad knowledge of current events and business news
• Four-year college degree or similar experience with emphasis on communications, TV/Web production, journalism or multimedia studies
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, and more!
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of 1 year, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Solid knowledge of Adobe Premiere is a plus.
• Experience with Wirecast, Vidpresso and other streaming services is preferred.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.