The Director, Application Development provides strategic direction and manages day-to-day operations for the onsite and vendor based development of NBC Sports Group’s cross-platform applications, including web, mobile, and connected TV applications. The role requires comprehensive technical knowledge of the software development lifecycle, combined with the ability to lead, mentor, and manage a diverse team of technologists with varying levels of experience.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the structure, implementation, build, integration and quality assurance of mobile and connected/OTT technologies
- Day-to-day management of development team and online development projects
- Build, manage, and maintain a strong application development team with appropriate knowledge and skillsets. Provide mentorship, identify training needs, coach and support as appropriate
- Provide hands-on technical and systems architecture design and development
- Oversee and assure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development and/or internal customer requirements
- Lead the design, development, and ongoing maintenance of all supported technology platforms
- Create and foster collaborative relationships with Product Management, QA, and Operations teams and support them to ensure that products are correctly defined, documented, tested, and released timely
- Ensure standardization of approaches, frameworks and toolsets
Additional Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
- Minimum three (3) years’ management experience
- Minimum eight (8) years’ Software Engineering experience
- Must have extensive hands on experience with high traffic sites and multi-tier architecture/caching required
Eligibility RequirementsInterested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Experience developing for mobile platforms including HTLM5/CSS based and native iOS and Android applications or mobile frameworks, including building and managing APIs for native mobile applications
- Deep experience managing a high-volume, multi-environment, multi-location Application Development teams including outsourced service providers
- Hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum, related frameworks and tools
- Familiarity with AWS best practices, knowledge of content delivery configurations for mobile video and data services.
- Ability to integrate into a large agile development project and manage rapid development cycles
Willingness to travel, work overtime, work weekday nights, and on weekends with short notice
Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Passion for professional sports and an interest in digital media
- Strong project management experience preferred
- Innovative and flexible thinker, comfortable suggesting solutions and willing to take risks
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Committed to quality in every assignment, large or small
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.