Senior Operations Manager
- Full Time
We are a branded content studio. Our main goal is to ensure our brand partners are always part of the cultural conversation. We offer full-service marketing capabilities delivering custom content and creative solutions across all our platforms and experiences, driving value for our partners and loyalty with our fans. Long story short, we make killer brand driven content wherever and whenever our partners want it.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT?
Want the spirit of a start-up while working on some of the world's premiere entertainment brands? Want to wear jeans on more than just Fridays? Looking for a job that will not only make room for your side-hustles, but also encourage them? If so, this could be for you.
At Velocity, we value diversity of thought, and we think your hobbies and unique viewpoints are just as important as your previous work experience. We view the world not only from our offices (though the views are pretty sweet), but also via immersive experiences that inspire us, keep us at the forefront of the ever-changing cultural landscape, and, with any luck, make us better marketers.
SO, WHATS THE JOB?
Working across Velocity teams, the Senior Operations Manager will be a detail-oriented professional with exceptional strategic thinking and communications skills, who will oversee workflows of the Marketing team, ensuring brand RFPs are delivered on brief and on time. The ideal candidate will be an experienced integrated project manager who will be comfortable and thrive in a fast paced and ever-changing environment. Candidates must flourish within a dynamic creative team and build effective cross-functional relationships with all departments.
THE DAY TO DAY:
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to build trust between marketing and sales teams.
- Support cross functional teams to develop, implement, and document process and workflow.
- Monitor and communicate process improvements by recommending areas of opportunity that will increase efficiencies in developing and delivering proposals.
- Manage the tracking of RFP projects through all phases of creative development, from request through release of final RFP response.
- Prioritize projects, coordinate programs and share critical information with the creative team in weekly status meetings.
- Problem solve with the creative team to overcome obstacles that arise during the proposal development process.
- Develop regular forums for learning and best practices sharing.
- Oversee navigation and understanding of the Creative Management system, Slope.
- Spearhead various department office management requirements such as office space updates, creative software, hardware upgrades, status meetings, etc.
CHOPS YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS GIG: [AKA THE SKILLS SECTION]
- An undergraduate degree; 3-5 years’ experience working in consulting, strategy, or advertising, and a familiarity with Integrated marketing and Ad Sales
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – including extensive experience in project management
- Ability to anticipate challenges and provide actionable solutions
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and possess the ability to prioritize actions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, bring energy and passion to everything they do, and will not be afraid to learn new skills and roll up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big and small.
Position is available on a full-time, freelance basis.
Please send resume and cover letter with subject “Senior Ops Manager.”
Location: New York City
Viacom Media Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status or any other basis proscribed by applicable law.
Viacom Media Networks is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/AAP
Apply for Senior Operations Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly