- Full Time
- 90% - Create & execute newscasts
- 5% - Assignment desk
- 5% - Update the web
- Create & execute newscasts 90%
- Crafts newscasts based on research and show goals
- Communicates with reporters to find the best video stories of the day.
- Writes accurate and compelling teases to keep viewers as long as possible.
- Works with assignment desk to find stories, help assign reporters and make sure information is confirmed.
- Concise, accurate writing that executes research findings.
- Ensures graphics, story selection and show pace are on target with action plans and style guidelines.
- Orders graphics for newscasts
- Booths newscasts, may also need to help tune in live shots.
Assignment desk – 5%
- Listens to scanners and confirms stories with local police agencies
- Answers phones in a consumer friendly manner
- Helps dispatch crews
- Confirms stories found in papers and other sources
- Helps tune in live shots
Update the web – 5%
- Writes and updates stories for the web when necessary
- Education Degree in journalism or related field
- Experience 1 years producing experience
- The ability to multitask, strong organizational skills and solid news judgment.
- Must be able to keep a cool head under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.