- Full Time
Cox Media Group Tulsa has a rare job opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join its dynamic creative team. The position includes a diverse mix of media experiences for an enterprising designer. Work with the latest in industry-standard tools to create still and animated graphics for a variety of cross-platform projects including television news graphics, station promotions, and media sales presentations.
Daily News Show Graphics – 65%
• Produce still and animated graphics requested by news producers for use inside newscasts.
Station Promotions – 15%
• Create graphic looks and animations for special report promotions and community event PSAs.
Sales & Commercial Support 18%
• Create client-specific graphics and PowerPoint templates for sales presentations.
• Produce graphic looks and animations for commercial projects.
Daily Quality Control and Organization – 2%
• Take charge of organizing and archiving graphics library and computer maintenance.
Qualifications:Education • Bachelor of Arts or equivalent training
Experience • A minimum of two years’ experience working full-time in a graphic design job required, television news graphic production experience is preferred.
• Experience with motion graphics required, Adobe After Effects experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
• Experience with broadcast graphics platform a plus, especially Chyron experience.
• Experience in lighting and DSLR photography is a plus.
• Proficiency with 3D modeling and animation a plus, especially Cinema 4D experience.
Additional Requirements • Ability to work under tight deadlines while maintaining a high quality of work
• Excellent communication skills
• A great attitude and desire to collaborate
• Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize
• A strong motion graphics demo establishing graphic design and animation skills. Resumes without a link demonstrating work will not be considered.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.