Snap Judgment Operations Manager
- Full Time
Snap Judgment, the award winning radio show and podcast (heard on over 400 NPR stations nationwide, and downloaded over two million times every month) is seeking an Operations Manager.
Based in downtown Oakland California, this full time position reports directly to the Executive Producers of Snap Judgment.
- Financial management: budgeting, forecasting, and reporting, monitoring cash flow and overseeing the work of external bookkeeping and accounting contractors. Creation of special projects budgets as needed. Must be proficient in Quickbooks or similar bookkeeping software, experience with basic bookkeeping concepts.
- Fundraising: working with business development and membership team to coordinate fundraising efforts. Monitoring membership campaign and communications strategy.
- Project management: Overseeing a one-time website and branding overhaul. Continually coordinating operational backend of 4-5 yearly live shows: travel logistics,vendor relations, venue coordination, freelance contracting, call time and rehearsal coordination, meet-and-greets, after-parties, etc.
- HR: monitor automated payroll, manage employee onboarding, handling HR concerns, coordinating staff retreats and performance reviews. Manage recruitment process and interview scheduling, as needed. Candidate must be able to perform duties with discretion. We are looking for someone with a vested interest in community building and enthusiasm for professional development programming (e.g. the institution of professional development events, the establishment of staff committees, etc.)
- Administration, contracts, and legal: Order supplies, approve equipment requests, work with brokers to renew business insurance, contract all external storytellers and other freelancers. Calendars, scheduling, travel logistics, sundry administrative tasks large and small.
- High-level operational functions: Enhance organization-wide production and operations systems. Act as point-person in high-level financial reporting and business meetings with co-production partners. Work to keep creative and executive staff on track. Forecast deadlines, legal liability, and compliance. Change management for a rapidly growing enterprise. Candidate should be a self-starter, interested in building operations systems and tools to keep creative and executive staff on-track.
- At least three to five years office administrative experience in a fast-paced, media environment required. Superb administrative and writing skills are a must for this position.
- Demonstrated professional and affable manner at all times; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and develop trusting professional relationships.
- Ability to work with a variety of business partners, including member stations, sponsors, entertainment companies, publicists, and agents.
- Demonstrated planning, problem-solving management and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Business experience in a fast-paced media environment.
- Live show or event coordination experience a plus.
- Experience working within the world of podcasting a plus.
This is a full-time position, based in Snap’s Oakland offices, with benefits. Flexible hours are negotiable. Superlatively generous vacation policy (6 weeks).
Snap Judgment is an Equal Opportunity Employer actively seeking diversity in the workplace. We encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women and gender-noncomforming candidates to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume and cover letter with the subject line "Operations Manager" to firstname.lastname@example.org