- Full Time
Sourcing Journal: Managing Editor
Sourcing Journal is currently looking for a self-motivated Managing Editor to handle daily editorial operations. Reporting to the editorial director, the managing editor will supervise writers on staff as well as freelance contributors.
A strong preference will be given to candidates with both online and trade experience, especially in apparel, footwear, retail or consumer packaged goods. We are seeking 5+ years’ experience as an editor or managing editor, confidence in pitching and writing fast and informative content (with an eye for SEO-friendly headlines and copy), flexibility and a sharp eye for detail.
Daily digital publication experience preferred.
The Managing Editor will:
- Control schedules and enforcing deadlines for writers
- Oversee proofreading procedures and evaluating copy for content, style and tone, and editing/fact checking as needed
- Maximize exposure for the site’s content generated across the newsroom with aggressive promotional tactics
- Use an analytics-focused approach to guide digital content strategy and measurably improve website engagement and audience
- Execute digital content publishing standards for the site, including but not limited to the following: copy; photos; galleries; video; infographics and data visualizations; re-circulation links; SEO best practices, etc.
- Report/write/edit daily news stories that balance the needs of the publication’s core readership with the high traffic potential of fashion subject matter
- Attend events on behalf of the company or editorial director as needed
- Coordinate editorial meetings
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter (including salary requirements) and three-five relevant clips/links to both short and long form content for review.
About Sourcing Journal Media:
Sourcing Journal Media, LLC, a leader in B2B trade media, produces publications and events under the Sourcing Journal, Vamp and Rivet brands. We're a resource for our industries, offering essential news, expert commentary and in-depth analysis.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.