Group Nine Media is seeking a creative, organized, self-starter responsible for managing external communications and public relations for Group Nine and its brands. The Communications Director will be charged with creating, developing and executing strategies to promote Group Nine’s brands with consumer outlets.
- Develop deep understanding of each of the G9 brands and work closely with the different teams
- Develop and maintain relationships with key consumer reporters/journalists
- Formulate and execute strategic plans to elevate the brands across niche and general consumer audiences.
- Write/edit press releases and communications materials for distribution
- Craft talking points for senior management.
- BA or equivalent number of years’ experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in public relations with a proven record of pitching and securing consumer press
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-established relationships with reporters/producers at leading media outlets
- Relevant experience at a start-up or digital media company, preferred
- Upbeat, highly collaborative and solution oriented, preferred
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.