Seeker Media, part of Group Nine Media, is currently seeking ambitious, motivated and dedicated Production
Interns to join our team for a summer internship. As a Production Intern, you will receive valuable hands on
experience within the digital media industry. You will learn how our company functions on the day-to-day, and
gain a firsthand look at how various parts of the organization come together to spark action.
This is an amazing opportunity for aspiring video producers. Seeker Interns will assist producers and associate
producers in all aspects of show production for our award-winning science video series. The ideal candidate is a
highly creative self-starter who can work independently, take direction, and is very detail-oriented. Strong
research, writing, and coordination skills are a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Supporting the editorial development of videos: outreach, booking, researching, fact-checking, and light
● Supporting producers during field shoots and studio production
● Help source, capture, log and organize footage assets and stock images
● Support graphics production for thumbnails
● Actively pitching story ideas and trending news items to cover
● Coordinating with publishing team in posting videos to various social platforms
● Write engaging metadata for show titles and descriptions
● Coordinate and organize supporting documentation: music clearances, release forms, sponsor
● Perform other duties as needed
● Must be able to commit to 3 days/week (20 hours)
● Excellent communication and writing skills
● A creative interest in approaching a wide array of topics through the lens of science
● A self-starter’s ability to work independently as needed
● A close eye for detail that can maintain focus, stay organized and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced
● Comfortable contributing and speaking up in team meetings and discussions
● Motivation to exercise initiative and actively pitch ideas
● Dependability and punctuality
● Highly creative with a strong sense of curiosityProficient with Photoshop, with an emphasis on graphic design
● Collaborate and create within the teams you’re working with and be willing to lend a hand when needed
● Be proactive in your daily work & don’t be afraid to ask questions - be hungry for knowledge
● A passion for the content we cover and familiarity with our brands
● Passion, knowledge or experience in the digital media industry
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
● Must be a self-starter and able to work independently and within a team
● A can-do, team-first attitude, are a must!
● High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program
● Must be authorized to work in the United States
● Working familiarity with Adobe Premiere and an ability to edit quickly a huge plus
● Passion for journalism, science, technology, and/or innovation
About Seeker Media:
Seeker exists where technology, innovation and the future collide. We celebrate relentless curiosity with an
insatiable drive to question, inspire, and create. Seeker Media connects with its audiences through daily videos
published on YouTube, Facebook and our own Seeker.com. We produce best-in-class science content, short
documentaries and ground-breaking Virtual Reality experiences. Seeker Media is part of Group Nine Media and
located in San Francisco, CA.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly
video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web,
Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends
the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social),
The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel &
entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for
people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected
veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.