News Associate, CNBC Digital
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
News Associates cover breaking news and enterprise for CNBC.com's website and app. They respond quickly to news as it breaks, working under direction from news editors and coordinating with the newsroom at large to make sure CNBC's coverage is accurate, fast and informative.
This is a full-time position on-site in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Write breaking news on a range of politics-focused topics (the White House, elections, political scandals, legal issues, Congress, policy, etc.) and follow political and economic trends for steady coverage
• Monitor a wide selection of news leads out of Washington and elsewhere
• Bachelor's degree (or comparable experience)
• Working knowledge of financial, political and/or business news content
• At least 1 year of experience reporting in a digital newsroom
• Strong knowledge of the internet and newsroom systems including iNews
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under deadline pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work independently
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. Perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, and more
• Candidates should be accurate, fast and cool under pressure – and must thrive in a collaborative environment
• An interest in political, business and finance journalism is key, as is experience in writing breaking news
• An openness to travel to Washington, D.C. or presidential primary states, as coverage warrants
• An obsession with AP style and light photo-editing skills help, too
• Willingness to learn new technologies
• Ideal candidates will be highly organized and accurate by nature
• Political/Wall Street/financial background is also a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.