- Full Time
W. W. Norton & Company, Inc. is seeking an experienced, professional Project Manager to join the team building Norton’s digital products. The Project Manager brings together the resources needed to achieve a successful deliverable. The Project Manager tracks milestones and objectives while managing dependencies. Through collaboration with the Business Owner, the Project Manager manages the overall project goals and scope. This position reports to the Director of Project Management and is based out of our New York office.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Leads project planning.
- Serves as Scrum Master for the developers on the team – leading scrum ceremonies, clearing obstacles and ensuring the team is working effectively.
- Works with the Product Owner/Product Manager to facilitate creation and maintenance of the Project Roadmap.
- Works with the Product Owner/Product Manager to turn the product roadmap into executable projects.
- Establishes the RACI matrix for projects in a product line.
- Schedules and runs the sprint planning and grooming meetings and tracks ticket assignments.
- Facilitates the team focus on the on-time delivery of agreed products.
- Facilitates the daily stand-ups, ensuring they are timely, focused and brief.
- Establishes JIRA project with proper ticket workflows and AGILE boards.
- Follows and schedules projects – as per the Project Roadmap defined by the Business Owner.
- Sets schedules and milestones with inputs from all other teams assigned to that product, manages project scope and timelines.
- Manages deployment scheduling in coordination with Product Owner, tech lead and Dev Ops.
- Works with Product Owner/Product Manager to ensure that the product vision and high-level business objectives are clear and achievable.
- Ensures that the functional requirements are tracked, achievable, and met.
- Works closely with the Product Owner/Product Manager, Business Analyst, QA Manager and Product Specialist.
- Helps to manage dependencies among cross-product teams.
- Gathers information from technical leads, QA leads and business analysts into recommendations.
- Collaborates and communicates with stakeholders, developers, technical team members and designers.
- Helps to identify, classify, and manage risk for functional improvement requests.
- Provides detailed reporting to management on project status, risk assessments, and milestone completion.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant Project Management experience.
- Familiar and comfortable with Agile methodologies.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent work experience (desirable).
- Experience working with e-learning and blended learning programs.
- Proficiency using commonly accepted scheduling and project management tools.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Good leadership and persuasion skills.
- Ability to organize and work under strict time and production deadlines, while producing quality deliverables.
- Ability to adapt to different team styles and dynamics.
- Excellent analytical, problem identification and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Highly self-motivated and self-managed; ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal coaching or supervision.
- Flexible and focused.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimal travel (as required).
- Employment eligibility to work with W. W. Norton & Company in the U.S. is required.
- Must be able to work full business hours from Norton’s New York office.
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years.” In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital resources that support teaching and learning. For more information about the Company, visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.