Penguin Random House is looking for a highly organized Sales Assistant or Sales Coordinator to support the Penguin Random House International Sales & Marketing team. This position will assist the day-to-day activities of the Sales Managers who sell to accounts across the British Commonwealth and Europe. If you have a passion for reading and are looking for the opportunity to help bring your favorite books to stores worldwide, this may be the perfect position for you!
Specific responsibilities include:
* Providing general administrative and sales support to Sales Managers and the British Commonwealth and European sales teams.
* Assisting with placing and coordinating the fulfillment of orders.
* Creating targeted presentations for reps to use on sales trips as requested.
* Responding to inquiries from new and existing accounts, sales reps, freight forwarders, order processing, customer service, and credit departments.
* Obtaining and analyzing title information and sales data from company systems as requested.
* Running a variety of sales reports.
* Preparing sales materials for meetings, presentations, and book fairs.
* Providing support to the International Online and Digital sales team as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Prior office experience; at least one year of related experience for the Coordinator level
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
* Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Ability to push or pull boxes up to 20 lbs.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlooks
* Experience with Business Objects and PowerBI a plus
* Ability to speak and/or read a foreign language a plus
Salary for the Assistant level is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.