- Full Time
OVERVIEW: Shareblue Media is seeking experienced political reporters to join our team. Ideal candidates will have at least three years of experience writing for an online publication in a fast-paced news environment, with a solid understanding of national politics, and the ability to write quickly, concisely, and accurately, through a progressive lens.
ABOUT US: Shareblue Media is an American media company. We tell real-world stories to give voice to the heroes fighting for American values. We are a rapidly growing community that is optimistic, honest, and unafraid.
- Create original reporting, breaking news coverage, and news analysis that is informative, concise, and emotionally resonant, with a focus on people, not policy.
- Track political news developments in real time. Consume news voraciously.
- Pitch new ideas and angles throughout the day.
- Ensure every piece of content you submit aligns with Shareblue editorial guidelines, which embrace a conversational tone, factual precision, and impeccable grammar and punctuation.
- Maintain a wide network of sources within American politics and progressive issue advocacy.
- Promote content via social channels and other professional connections.
- Collaborate with other team members as needed.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Politically savvy, aware, and engaged, with an insatiable appetite for news.
- A competitive streak — you delight in finding scoops and breaking news.
- Excellent news judgment — you’ve got an incredible radar for underreported stories our readers will want to know about, and a knack for framing widely covered stories in a unique way.
- Communicative, engaged, and eager to take initiative at every stage of the process.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities simultaneously. Able to adjust priorities and/or story focus quickly as the news shifts.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and obsessed with executing, even in the face of obstacles.
- Ability to work well with others in a virtual workspace.
Salary commensurate with experience. DC-based reporters are strongly preferred.