- Full Time
Responsible for using the materials and staff available to produce a quality newscast.Responsibilities
- Producer is responsible for story placement, teases, graphics, writing, timing and all other editorial and production elements.
- Must be able to work under pressure and hit deadlines
- Contribute story ideas
- Post to social media and keep website manager up to date on news stories.
- Participate in meetings with staff to discuss production progress and to ensure production objectives are attained.
- Work with news promo producer to help create promos
- Understanding of all positions in the newsroom
- College degree or equivalent related experience preferred.
- Prefer minimum 1-3 years of experience producing a newscast at a commercial television station in medium to large market
- Working familiarity with ENG and SNG operations.
- Effective writing skills, good organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Can perform duties and make decisions under extreme pressure.
- Must be capable of interacting positively and productively with other employees.