News Administrative Assistant
- Full Time
Acts as Administrative Assistant to News Management and is responsible for providing organization, administrative and secretarial support. Primary input responsibility for several website needs of the newsroom.Responsibilities
- To assist in preparation of work schedules for writers, reporters, and other non-technical newsroom employees.
- To track requests for days off and sick leave and keep records documenting the requests and usage.
- To enter and update information on the website regarding feature elements in the newscasts.
- To distribute mail to the department and to open and track mail sent to the News Director.
- To answer and screen telephone calls to the News Director.
- To set-up and maintain records and files in the News Director’s office.
- To organize, order, and maintain all newsroom consumables such as pens, notepads, and the like.
- Must have at least a high school education.
- Requires knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Requires understanding of department and company policies, procedures and operations.
- Requires ability to use standard computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and related computer hardware.
- Requires effective communication skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality regarding newsroom operations discussed with news management.
- No budget responsibility.
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.