- Full Time
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Research Writer reporting to the Associate Director, Digital Communications.
The Research Writer will develop, write, and edit research content, for online and print, to promote and showcase NYUAD's research initiatives. The role will be responsible for establishing and maintaining an archive of research-related materials, contributing to the production of multimedia research content, and, time permitting, provide editorial support for other NYUAD departments. The Research Writer will be a member of the Public Affairs team, but the Office of the Provost will set priorities for the position.
- Develop, write, and edit content for the research pages — which include both NYUAD Institute projects and faculty initiatives — on NYUAD's public website as well as research-related documents, blogs, and print publications. Ensure quality and consistency of all content to promote NYUAD's research initiatives and expand their online presence
- Contribute to the production of multimedia content, including research focused videos and photo galleries, in support of research content and work with Public Affairs to incorporate them online to illustrate/ elevate the promotion of NYUAD's research initiatives
- Develop, maintain, and manage an archive of research-related materials, including presentations, reports, etc. to establish and maintain a record/database of NYUAD's research-related materials
- Time permitting, assist with writing projects for other University departments to provide University-wide editorial support
- Bachelor's degree in arts and humanities, journalism, or other fields of writing
- Three to five years of editorial experience (with at least two years of editing experience), and experience writing for both print and online
- Research-writing experience and/or experience working in a research environment
- Familiarity with various style guides (Chicago, AP, etc.)
- Excellent command of the English language and grammar
- The ability to distill complex research topics, generating content laypeople would understand
- Excellent writing, editing, and interviewing skills
- Organizational, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills