VP, Universal Television Publicity & Awards Strategy
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: PR & Communications
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Monitor festival opportunities for the department’s programming and secure bookings/handle arrangements for strategic panels, conferences, summits, etc. Foster important contacts with print, online and electronic media and have a strong understanding of social media opportunities and tacticsPitch ideas, create promotional opportunities for talent and original programming, and implement special activities including publicity parties, press conferences and screeningsCross over multi-promotional platforms and create synergistic opportunities through marketing and publicityCoordinate print interviews, on-set visits, photo shoots and EPKsGenerate all press materials, including announcement releases, bios, captions, talking points, story synopses, pitch letters and correspondenceWork closely with program executives, producers, business affairs and legal to garner approval of written materials and campaign initiatives while also developing positive relationships with the actors, publicists, agents, managers, production staff and media Serve as a mentor to coordinators and junior publicists within the department
The Vice President, Universal Television Publicity and Awards Strategy will create and execute full media campaigns for Universal Television programs and oversee awards strategy for the studio and network. The ideal candidate will work aggressively to secure appropriate radio, print, online, social media and broadcast opportunities in an effort to generate maximum, positive publicity for the studio’s programming and awards campaigns. The candidate will lead varied projects including writing releases, planting stories, generating briefing notes and Q&As.
Act as media strategist, campaign planner and spokesperson for assigned scripted programs, ensuring that the studio and its programming are presented in the most favorable light Plan and execute award and television festival FYC strategies for department, which includes submissions, creative advertising, asset management, ticketing, talent travel, red carpet management, online screening rooms, events, budgets and additional innovative campaign tactics Oversee awards consultants and freelancers and liaise with internal departments responsible for buying media and create marketing materials
• Minimum 6 years of experience in publicity handling shows and/or projects as well as multi-platform award campaigns.
• Minimum 4 years of experience pitching, booking and covering national and local media interviews necessary
• Minimum 3 years of experience creating written press materials
• Minimum 3 years of experience working with and gaining the confidence of producers, manager, executives and talent
• College degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or equivalent
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Publicity experience at a studio or network is a plus
• A team player who enjoys working closely with others
• Experience in television publicity, promoting both scripted and alternative programming is highly preferred
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet numerous deadlines and identify press opportunities
• Strong media and industry contacts with consumer press as well as trade/awards media
• Great creative instincts and ability to handle marketing initiatives along with press strategy
• Experience in marketing for cross-over opportunities with advertisers and clients
• Solid written and verbal communications skills
• Superior organization and creative skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.