The Vice President of Sales reports directly to the NBC Sports Boston General Manager, and oversees the sales management team covering both the 9th
(Boston) largest markets. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:Work with senior management in NY on creating a sales and marketing strategy for taking our multi-platform network ad revenue to the next level and communicate strategy to sales group.Provide strategic input to setting and maintaining sales targets and new business development opportunities for the Local & National Sales Managers and their immediate teams.Drive expected revenue performance as well new ideas and "outside the box" revenue streams from new technology and growing sponsorship revenue.Build and foster long-term relationships with our league and team partners.Develop business models to monetize these revenue streams.Oversee entire sales department of ~11 employees.
Ensure employees work and sell with integrity and uphold NBCS Boston sales standards. Clearly communicate expectations of performance and establish and maintain a professional and motivated staff through NBCS Boston’s performance management process.Work cooperatively and in partnership with the other network departments and networks such as News, Marketing/Creative Services, and Digital groups to ensure growth in revenue and increased profitability through all network platforms. Deliver presentations to Senior Management and assist Sales Managers with growing/maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing major deals when needed.Oversees the planning and execution of sales meetings, client events, community and goodwill events and network representation at trade association meetings.Ensure consistent network image throughout commercials, promotional materials, and events.Recruit, hire, and retain top performing sales talent to build future pipeline.Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years prior experience in a broadcast, professional team sales, digital sales or marketing role is required.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing a sales team, including experience in strategic planning and direct responsibility for growing revenue in the television sales industry
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, organizational and planning skills
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Willingness to travel, at times work outside of normal business hours, and potentially on weekends with short notice
- Proficient MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior project management skills are necessary
- Must possess a driving “win every day” attitude with a proven track record of sales/marketing achievements
- Must be willing to work at the location in Burlington, MA.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Excellent Negotiating skills
- Solid background in building and cultivating strategic partnerships
- Proven track record in driving, developing and mentoring high performance teams.
- The ability to lead change. Creativity and an imaginative mindset is necessary.
- Knowledge of how direct ad clients, agencies, marketing/promotion companies and emerging companies operate.
- Experience with and an understanding of the digital/emerging media world is strongly preferred.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.