Location: Orlando, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Telemundo 31 in Orlando, FL is seeking a motivated, energetic, and creative General Assignment Reporter.
Responsibilities include: Research, write, produce and report stories under deadline pressure and appear on camera - both live and recorded.
Conducting effective interviews and gather information.
Working as a team with a photographer as assigned.
Ability to cultivate sources in the Central Florida area and produce exclusive enterprise content for all platforms.
· Minimum 5 years of experience as television reporter in top 10 market
· Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience
· Proven track record of strong writing, storytelling and live reporting skills
· Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must submit a video of own work to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in Orlando, FL
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any shift and willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Solid news judgment, strong writing and research skills
• Ability to enterprise stories
• Excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills
• Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
• Must be able to handle intense deadline pressure
• Experience of working simultaneous on a web product
• Strong knowledge of social networking in regards to content gathering and distribution
• Work in a team environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.