Director, Creative Services- NBC Sports Washington
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art, Graphic Design or related field.
The role will be responsible for establishing the visual design direction of the network and overseeing the production and execution of marketing promotional campaigns for on-air, web and social, as part of the overall creative efforts for NBC Sports Washington.
· Create compelling advertising for broadcast air, online and social media, from concept execution to final delivery.
· Write compelling scripts, design dynamic graphics, animations and toolkits, and produce award-winning promotional content, following editorial and brand guidelines.Lead a team of Graphic Artists, providing coaching, guidance and feedback· Manage assigned campaigns, on-air promos and sales presentations through the production process - shooting, editing, graphic production, music direction and post production - with a team of graphic artists and freelancers.
· Solid knowledge, understanding and ability to execute the latest techniques in editing and compositing, and a strong esthetic sensibility.
· Self-manage an ongoing workload of multiple projects at a time, from on-air promos to live event graphics to social media designs to website materials.
· Create, manipulate and handle graphics using Adobe products.
· Oversee asset management system and archives, plus Adobe Creative Cloud project structure.
· Working knowledge of top production companies, trends and techniques.
· Proactively offer and communicate new ideas to take the network forward.
· Liaison between marketing, engineering, production, digital media sales, and external production companies.
· Maintains administrative tasks for the team, to include duties around music rights and usage, footage clearances, HR tasks tied to direct reports and routine departmental performance reviews.
Minimum seven (7) years of creative or promotions experience working for an advertising agency, design studio or television station.
Expert After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator and the creative production workflow.
Working knowledge of 3D software and Chyron.
Additional Job Requirements
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
Willingness to travel, work extended hours and on weekends with short notice.
Willingness to work collaboratively on teams, and ability to maintain positive work relationships with co-workers within the department, and with other departments.
Must be flexible and work well in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
Ability to juggle many priorities at the same time while maintaining good attention to detail.
Strong project management, prioritization, organizational and time management
Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
Must be willing to work in Bethesda, MD.
Knowledge of professional & college sports, athletes, teams, etc.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.