MTV/VH1 Digital Coordinator, Events (Freelance)
MTV is seeking a freelance Digital Coordinator to join the MTV/VH1 digital events team to support upcoming tentpole projects. This team leads digital strategy and production for culture-making events including the Movie & TV Awards and VMAs. Looking for candidates who are obsessed with all-things music, movies, TV, social media, and pop culture. You are creative, detail-obsessed, and comfortable balancing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. You also have strong written and verbal communication skills, and an intimate understanding of internet culture.
On a day-to-day basis, this role is responsible for creating and posting content to MTV’s various digital/social platforms. Working under the direction of managers and directors, responsibilities may also include research, copywriting, fan engagement and media/community management.
- Community management & fan engagement across events social accounts (ie @VMAs, @MTVAwards)
- Responsible for digital asset management (via content calendar) and reporting relevant insights
- Creative ideation around digital content opportunities
- Coordinate web video, photo publishing and MTV.com site updates
- Make gifs, short video clips and photo assets for various social platforms
- Carry out various administrative tasks for team, such as arranging meetings, taking notes, making copies, etc when needed
Ideal candidates possess the following qualities:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and creative thinkers
- Strong communication and writing skills; able to speak the language of our audience
- Be knowledgeable of the mechanics and best practices for various social platforms
- Obsessed with all-things pop culture, movies, TV and music
- Basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut and/or Adobe Premiere, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and HTML editing tools, as well as previous experience with content management systems.
- Familiarity with MTV/VH1 brands, on-air programming and the their respective sites and social accounts
- Curiosity for innovative products/platforms and willingness to implement creative ideas
- Be available full time and be willing to work evening and weekends when needed
- College graduates with 1-2 years of related online/social production experience
- Must live in NY metropolitan area