Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
We are seeking to recruit an experinced Pricing Analyst to join our international Pricing Department. This role will report directly to the global Pricing Director and will have top management exposure. This individual should have a strong skillset and will be involved in the offer creation for our most important accounts.
If you are looking for a challenging position in an environment with the mission to advance discovery, this might be for you.
- As part of the global pricing team, improve pricing strategy for Institutional Sales deals with large accounts
- Support making individual offers to large accounts following the strategic guidelines
- Carry out calculations to price new journal package offerings, by combining data from multiple sources and applying approved pricing methodologies.
- Identify improvement potential in price calculation logic
- Create business cases to support decisions
- Work with the global sales teams to make adjustments to calculation files based on special cases and regional variations
- Monitor discounts on an account and product level and work with the sales team to ensure adherence to discount guidelines
- Other adhoc duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant business experience in pricing, revenue management or consulting
- Proficient in MS Office products with strong knowledge of Excel required (i.e., pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.).
- Structured approach to solve pricing problems
- Assertive and strong communication style with all seniority levels
- Strong quantitative ability and comfort with large data sets
- Ability to work independently and adapt to changing work priorities
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
- A healthy work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging work
- A positive environment
- Enthusiastic, supportive colleagues
- Further development to help you progress your career
- Flexible hours, a 37 hour week and 30-day vacation p.a. based on a 5-day-week
- Book discount of 15-40%
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.