Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The Recruiter is responsible for talent acquisition activities of the recruitment program for Springer Nature brands and related businesses in the US. The Recruiter will partner with all client groups to attract, select and acquire qualified, professional talent in a high-volume recruitment area. Work closely with the Recruitment Manager and hiring managers, to proactively attract core talent as well as improve the editorial pipeline to hire best in-class editorial staff.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Partner with hiring managers to assess and identify staffing needs; ensure hiring managers are familiar with recruitment process; provide ongoing recruitment progress updates to hiring managers and the Recruitment Manager
- Develop and maintain an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals
- Build and maintain strong relationships with global and local HR colleagues and functional managers/directors to understand needs
- Use traditional and non-traditional recruitment resources; attend career and on-line job fairs, community network events, etc.
- Source candidates, screen resumes, interview candidates (by phone and in person), conduct assessments, conduct reference/background checks, provide hiring recommendations; challenge/influence decision making; develop and make employment offers for exempt and non-exempt positions
- Assist with the transfer process including screening, coordination of interview with hiring manager, transfer offer letter, etc.
- Communicate important employment information while extending employment offers (benefits, compensation, non-competition agreements, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations including Affirmative Action Plan compliance
- Manage candidate activity in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Manage application/resume file and retention according to company policy and legal compliance
- Any other duties as required
- 4+ years of global talent attraction and recruitment experience
- Excellent communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated track record of meeting recruitment expectations with sustained results
- Established proficiency to coach and influence hiring managers throughout recruitment process
- Good change management and organizational skills
- Knowledge/experience with SAP Success Factors or other Applicant Tracking System required
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.