Executive Vice President, Capital Markets Communications
- Full Time
Edelman is an independent global communications marketing firm that partners with businesses and organizations—long-established and just-emerging—to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our global network comprises 6,000 practitioners in more than 60 offices whose work spans brand, reputation, digital, and advisory and is powered by analytics, planning, creative and media relations. Among our many honors are the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; Advertising Age’s “Agencies to Watch 2018” and “Best Places to Work 2019;” and, five times, Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work.” Since our founding in 1952, we have remained a family-run business. Edelman also owns specialty companies Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
About Capital Markets Communications:
Edelman's Capital Markets practice serves private equity firms, hedge funds, investment banks, trading technology and financial markets firms, venture capital funds and other financial industry companies. We are a boutique strategic advisory firm within the world’s largest communications marketing agency. We advise our clients on all matters of reputation during both normal course and transformative events such as C-suite management changes, litigation, crisis and M&A.
About the Opportunity:
The Executive Vice President will be a leader in the practice and responsible for developing and executing communications programs for our deep roster of capital markets clients. Ideal candidates will come from a financial communications agency or practice, have extensive in-house communications experience and/or have held a senior reporter or editor role in a relevant business media outlet. The candidate must be fluent in the capital markets and possess a strong comfort level in counseling senior executives on financial communications-related matters, as well as engaging with media and industry influencers. Extensive experience with reputation management and promoting/protecting brands through integrated communications programs is a core requirement.
- Lead the creation of communications plans and goals, including development of both tactical and strategic elements; manage against them
- Proven ability to lead large projects and teams on sizable accounts
- Creates, drives and executes strategic media relations programs
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of his/her clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders: employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners and other businesses/organizations, etc., and will be able to impart this knowledge to account team members
- Helps set client program goals and manage against them
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to delegate tactical assignments and accurately judge and edit work of others
- Serve as client lead
- Oversees quality and operational performance of accounts, ensuring work quality and deadline/budget adherence
- Supervise staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews
- An interest in sourcing and pitching new business opportunities
- Minimum of 12-15 years of relevant experience in Communications Marketing and/or related fields, including agency or in-house communications role
- Organized and detail-oriented; able to multi-task various responsibilities
- Proactive and self-motivated; anticipate upcoming client projects and deliverables
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate good judgment
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills; professional phone and email communications
- Innate desire to provide excellent service to clients
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.