Associate Editor -Mobile & Wearables
- Full Time
Job Title: Associate Editor, Mobile & Wearables
Reports to: Section Editor, Mobile
Location: New York, NY
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full-Time
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
Associate Editors at Digital Trends are passionate, knowledgeable professionals with deep understanding of a topic area, and a love of consumer tech and gadgetry. This is a fast-paced job in a fast-paced industry: First and foremost, an Associate Editor finds and writes multiple news stories every day, develops long-form features and articles, and creates pointed opinion pieces to ensure Digital Trends’ place as a thought leader. Associate Editors also ensure timely, comprehensive coverage of key products, including reviews, videos, how-to pieces, and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Cultivate advanced knowledge of assigned section (mobile and wearables)
- Manage day-to-day operations of bi-coastal editorial team with 24/7 content flow
- Handle routine section editing tasks when a section editor’s expertise is not required
- Assist Section Editor by managing view product inventory and shipping
- Write informed product reviews, thoughtful analysis and pointed opinion pieces
- Provide constructive, forward-looking input to help shape section standards
- Help identify prospective talent and onboard new freelance contributors
What We Require:
- College degree in journalism or related field preferred
- Minimum of two years' editorial experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills; able to write in a style that is interesting to the core audience
- Communication and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate and provide feedback effectively to others
- Experience working with web content management systems (Wordpress preferred) and Microsoft Office Suite/Google Docs
- Comfortable working with HTML
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail
- Photography/videography skills a plus
- Broad knowledge of the current smartphone and wearables landscape is a necessity. Please demonstrate your interest and expertise in this section.
What’s in it for you:
- Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k with employer matching, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, paid sabbatical after five years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment! Our perks include: free beer and kombucha on tap, free espresso, free drinks and snacks, big-screen TVs, and more!
TO APPLY:Please submit resume and include 2-5 links to work samples.
Digital Trends is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage, value and honor diversity.