Sales Planner- NBC Sports Chicago
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
As a Sales Planner, you will be responsible for pre and post-sale fulfillment of our cross platform sponsorships as well as managing the day-to-day partner relationships with our vendors to help ensure the sales department hits its revenue goals.
• Work with all internal departments (Sales, Traffic, Marketing, Management, etc.) on the development and implementation of client campaigns; Ensure sponsorship elements are communicated, timelines are met, and deliverables are acquired from our advertising partners.
• Manage the day-to-day fulfillment and optimization of major accounts. Includes monitoring performance, generating recaps, and compiling post-run presentations.
• Communicate campaign highlights and/or red flags to AE to enable resolution with client, monitor campaigns to ensure delivery
• Coordinate all aspects of the sponsorship calendar –Work with the Director, Cross Platform Sales to manage availability, booking sponsored elements, cross checking items in sales platforms, notifying the team about missing materials.
• Work with the Sales/Traffic coordinators to ensure entering of orders; posting; invoicing etc.
• Work closely with Account Executive to understand agency, client, goals and objectives, while providing solutions. Work with creative services to get assets produced as necessary.
• Create media plans that meet customer needs and maximize revenue.
Minimum one (1) year of experience at a media company in media sales or experience in a client service role
Additional Job Requirements
Demonstrated project management skills, ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Strong computer skills especially in Excel, Power Point, and Word
Knowledge of Wide Orbit and Sales Force
Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with broad range of internal and external clients
A strong ability to perform independently and proactively while working in a team environment.
High energy and teamwork mentality a must
Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Sales Media Industry experience
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations group, consist of 9 regional networks that deliver more than 2,400 live sporting events annually, along with award-winning breaking news, comprehensive analysis, digital content and original programming to more than 43 million homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, which serves Baltimore and Washington D.C., Comcast SportsNet New England, Comcast SportsNet Northwest, The Comcast Network, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia and SportsNet New York.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.