Segment Producer, Kasie DC
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Kasie DC is looking for an experienced television producer and social media expert to work with their team in New York or Washington, D.C. This hybrid role will assist in production of live and taped segments (including Kasie DVR) for the weekly, politics- focused MSNBC show. Additionally, they’ll bring social media skills to Kasie’s show and personal accounts where they’ll quickly turn clips from on-air and creating new content for followers.
Write and produce error-free live segments start to finish in a breaking news environmentWork with editors to produce weekly tape segments and longer field pieces Pitch original story ideas that align with the show’s editorial visionLight field producing may be assigned depending on location
• Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.)
• Must have at least 3 years of social media experience supporting various platforms (i.e. Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Thorough knowledge of current events, U.S. politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, history
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing and able to work Weekends, flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Washington, D.C.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.