- Full Time
U.S. News & World Report’s Travel section is seeking a full-time Editor to work in our Washington, D.C., office. This position is responsible for editing tour profiles submitted by freelancers, part of our continued expansion of our travel guide content. The Editor will also work closely with a Senior Editor to identify popular tours and will assist in editing travel guide content. The role includes a significant amount of copy editing, researching and fact-checking. There may be limited writing opportunities, but this is primarily an editing position. In addition to tours content, responsibilities may also include editing duties across other U.S. News Travel products, such as Best Hotels, Best Travel Rewards Programs and Best Cruises, and contributing to new content expansion initiatives.
Our ideal teammate is dedicated, efficient and detail-oriented. The successful candidate will gain experience with online publishing and editing content, and will also have the opportunity to write new travel guides and brainstorm ways to grow U.S. News Travel's audience. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a strong interest in the travel industry, online media and consumer journalism.
• 2-4 years of professional editing experience for a digital publication, newspaper, magazine or similar entity
• Journalism degree or equivalent
• Expert writing, fact-checking and copy editing skills
• Superb knowledge of AP style
• Utmost attention to detail
• Ability to work on deadlines and handle several tasks simultaneously
• Strong verbal communication skills, including experience with telephone interviewing and note taking
• Solid organizational and time-management skills
• Experience working with online content management systems
• Familiarity working with, communicating with and managing freelancers
• Thrives in an entrepreneurial work environment
Applicants must provide a résumé and cover letter for consideration.
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, and 401(k) plan.