- Full Time
This position is primarily responsible for gathering, writing, editing and developing high-quality original content for Angels on Earth magazine and other Guideposts publications as well as assisting editor in chief with administrative duties.
- Research, pitch, ghostwrite and edit true first-person stories for each issue.
- Interview story subject/narrator thoroughly, usually on phone.
- Provide content and build inventory for assigned departments.
- Work through edits and approvals with contributors in a friendly and professional manner.
- Evaluate unsolicited manuscripts and advocate for compelling stories.
- Contribute to other Guideposts publications (Guideposts, Mysterious Ways, special interest issues, in print and online) on an as-needed basis.
- College degree in creative writing and/or journalism, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong writing, editing and interviewing abilities. Ghostwriting experience a plus.
- Must be able to multitask and collaborate with editorial, art and digital staff.
- Experience actively engaging on social media sites on behalf of a brand or publication a plus.