- Full Time
- The WSB-TV Multi-Platform producer’s main responsibility will be to take charge of the weekly magazine program, People 2 People.
- The ideal candidate is an amazing writer, a creative storyteller, and passionate about community.
- The ideal candidate consistently crafts in-depth, fast-paced and memorable content; understands coverage on multiple platforms and has the capacity to generate story ideas.
- The Multi-Platform producer will be required to research and write the most compelling stories.
- The ideal candidate will shoot, write and edit; schedule and conduct necessary interviews; write strong copy for TV and web when necessary;
- The ideal candidate has an ability to develop sources and build relationships with community influencers and understands working with non-profit organizations.
- We are seeking an "A" player to join our team. If you are an imaginative storyteller excited to tell stories about people engaged in informative and inspiring activities, can execute in a fast-paced environment and want to be part of a community focused News operation, we want to hear from you.
- Minimum of four years producing experience in medium to large markets required.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Journalism or Communications preferred;
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Must be results-oriented and innovative.
- Ability to use resources efficiently.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.