- Full Time
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (www.transportation.org) is currently hiring a Multimedia Producer, a full-time position located in Washington, DC.
Nature of Position:
The Multimedia Producer will play a key role in helping AASHTO create, write, produce and edit video content for websites, social media platforms, webinars and other live events. Their duties will include proposing story ideas, producing videos, and drafting scripts designed to tell the story of transportation, AASHTO and its member state departments of transportation. The Multimedia Producer should be a motivated, self-starter who can multi-task and communicate effectively with the Manager of Media Relations to execute video projects from concept through to completion.
The incumbent will shoot video, write scripts, conduct interviews and edit video content for AASHTO’s Transportation TV, the association’s online video channel, and other ongoing and regular video projects supporting special events, AASHTO Communications, AASHTO meetings, AASHTO promotions, AASHTO Publications and federal contracts. The Multimedia Producer will be responsible for managing video packages from start to finish, including writing, video editing and social media posting and using keyword optimization for those posts. The incumbent will ensure that all content is technically and editorially sound.
Specifically, responsibilities include:
- Propose, develop, and write stories for Transportation TV that relate to ongoing developments in transportation
- Determine the video production equipment needed for Transportation TV, ensure this equipment remains in a good state of repair and make recommendations for annual appropriations for new equipment when necessary, as part of the annual budget planning process
- Transporting, setting up, and operating various production and live-streaming equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for on-location and studio production
- Operate and maintain proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio video recorders, and live-streaming and other video production equipment
- Collect b-roll footage, as well as interviews
- Use sound judgment to select all video content that must be archived, and stores this content in such a way that it is easy to find for future use
- Navigate social media, including writing, scheduling and optimizing social media posts and creating video for different social media platforms including AASHTO Transportation TV social media platforms: Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and others
- Remain aware of emerging media trends
Contribute to the Communications Department’s annual strategic planning retreat and participate in and offer ideas during the weekly planning meetings
Three to five years’ experience writing scripts, operating a video camera, lighting equipment, and using a professional editing system is required. Demonstrable experience working in a diplomatic and professional manner with fellow staff, member departments, committees and the general public via telephone and e-mail is preferred. A Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, film, mass communications, journalism, communications or a related field is preferred.
Candidates must have demonstrated video production experience and be a proficient writer and story-teller, comfortable producing video and supporting articles for a variety of mediums. Ability to produce high-quality stories, conduct interviews when necessary, write scripts, operate a video camera and lighting equipment, and professional-level proficiency with latest video and audio editing software (Adobe and Apple) is required. Ability to operate independently when appropriate to conceptualize and produce video projects without immediate supervision is required. Proficient oral communication skills as well as proofreading skills and knowledge of MS Office are also critical, the incumbent will be required to work directly with internal and external clients. The incumbent must multi-task and meet deadlines – excellent organizational, teamwork, project planning and time management skills are required. Must be able to carry equipment to video locations.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples by close of business on Friday, March 8, 2019 via the link provided.
AASHTO is an equal opportunity employer.