Community Manager/Product Analyst
The Listen4Good (L4G) community manager/ product analyst is responsible for day-to-day management and engagement with the Listen4Good nonprofit users on our new interactive website. This involves providing professional customer support and active assistance, troubleshooting potential bugs, and coordinating with both our development team and external technology partner to resolve issues.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and is a natural problem solver. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and feel comfortable engaging in online and offline conversations with users. In addition, this role will build out our email campaigns with users to keep them on track, and monitor and report on engagement metrics using preset tools in Salesforce, Campaign Monitor, and Google Analytics. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing project and platform at its early stages. This role is currently a contract position. While we operate as a virtual team, we have a strong preference for this role to be located in the Bay Area in Northern California.
- Develop a deep understanding of the L4G website in order to help users troubleshoot and navigate challenges.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries and provide positive, professional, and empathetic user support through phone, email, and/or video conference.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations and satisfaction.
- Liaise with both our development team, and SurveyMonkey which provides the back-end to our website, to investigate potential website bugs/issues.
- Regularly document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps so the rest of the team – and our user base – can learn from them.
- Monitor user activity on Salesforce, Campaign Monitor, and Google Analytics; work with our Data Analyst to report on client activity.
- Help build out a targeted user email system, utilizing Campaign Monitor and Salesforce to send emails to specific groups of users based on their activity in order to keep them on-track.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior work experience as a community manager, product analyst, or similar role for an online product
- Superior verbal communication and writing skills
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Excellent comprehension skills – ability to clearly understand and state the issues that customers present
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to self-direct work
- Ability to learn various platforms
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment and inevitable evolution of project
- Highly collaborative across multi-functional teams and external business partners
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of online marketing best practices
- Experience with Salesforce’s software and reporting
- Experience using Zendesk
- Experience using Campaign Monitor
Listen4Good (L4G) is a Fund for Shared Insight initiative dedicated to building nonprofit organizations’ and funders’ practice of listening to the people they seek to help. L4G leverages a semi-standard survey instrument and a set of capacity building tools for nonprofits to build their competencies for systematically listening and responding to feedback from their clients. The project is designed to build key infrastructure for the nonprofit field, such as external benchmarks, best-in-class content, and support resources. Since 2016, over 215 nonprofits have participated in aspects of the L4G program.
Within the last 6 months, L4G launched a new interactive website and set of online tools for use by nonprofits. We will be testing and refining this set of resources for the next eighteen months with the aim of making them publicly available in 2020, so that any nonprofit can use to systematically gather and respond to feedback from those they seek to help.