- Full Time
WGN America, the flagship entertainment destination of Tribune Media Company, is a nationally distributed television network whose reach is approaching 80 million homes via cable, satellite and telco. The network features a strong slate of original scripted dramas, first-run syndicated dramas, comedies and blockbuster movies celebrated by fans across the country. We seek an assertive, dynamic, and detail oriented Direct Response Sales Planner to join our Sales team.Responsibilities
The DR Sales Planner is primarily responsible for supporting the Director and AE with all aspects of the sales effort. The Planner monitors inventory, maintains existing deals, is the liaison between sales and various departments as well as with agency contacts. The DR planner provides both sales team and agency contact with solutions for keeping revenue in-house.
- Prepare, revise and maintain DR sales schedules that maximize the use of inventory while fulfilling agency/client requirements.
- Utilize sales tools to prospect new business and help identify target accounts.
- Account Servicing: communicate directly with appropriate agency counterparts and serve as the primary backup contact for the entire DR team as needed.
- Mentor/teach Assistant all aspects of their support role on a continual basis.
- Work closely with Planning to coordinate avails/pricing thresholds Handle miscellaneous duties as assigned, including researching client and account information
- Bachelor's degree Minimum 12 months related experience in media sales or buying
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet research
- Wide orbit experience a plus.
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to multi-task and handle projects independently, as well as part of a team
- Ambitious and highly motivated
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to alternate from detailed work to client interaction seamlessly. Aspire for long-term growth in Sales