- Full Time
Fast Company is the world’s leading business media brand, with an editorial focus on innovation in technology, leadership, world changing ideas, creativity, and design. Written for and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company inspires readers to think expansively, lead with purpose, embrace change, and shape the future of business.
Are you a savvy Editor who has 5+ years of experienced who can help steer our popular Work Life coverage online?
Apply today by submitting the items below
- 2 article pitches for the work life section
- 2-3 relevant clips
- Cover Letter
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage and grow our network of high caliber expert contributors.
- Shape the direction and coverage of the Work Life section.
- Assign and edit a variety of stories daily, including short news posts, op eds, single source service stories and longer features from contributors, freelancers and staff.
- Manage and develop junior staff.
- Occasionally write articles on Work Life topics with Fast Company’s unique voice.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for Fast Company’s work life content at live events,
- with additional opportunities for the brand’s multi-media platforms including print magazine, video, and podcasts.
The Job Is Right For You If:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five+ years of experience assigning and editing stories for a daily website.
- You have the ability to package and create imaginative, innovative stories and find fresh angles that rise above the Internet din
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- You have a strong interest in and previous experience with Work Life topics including: diversity and inclusion, career development, productivity, management strategy, and the future of work.
- You have an established social-media presence, are savvy at sharing and promoting content on social media.
- You can juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment and have exceptional organizational skills
- You have a familiarity with Fast Company, the types of companies, topics, and industries it covers, and the ability to communicate with executives and leaders within those industries.
This position will be represented by the Fast Company Union/WGA-East.
Mansueto Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.