The Publicist, NBC Sports Group, is responsible for managing and executing communications strategies across the storied portfolio of NBC Sports Group properties and programming. The ideal candidate will successfully generate positive press for the network’s programming, and also support various publicity initiatives and projects. This position reports into the VP,Communications. Responsibilities Support NBC Sports PR team on the press strategy and execution for NASCAR, Olympics, NFL, Motorsports, Supercross, Mecum Auctions, CyclingWrite and edit/update press materials, including press releases, bios, talking points, pitches, etc. Support NBC Sports Regional Sports Networks PR, as neededManage and execute full media relations plans for America’s Cup, All-American Bowl, and SI Sportsperson of the Year AwardsAttend events, races and assist in the management of on-site proactive and reactive media relationsCoordinate and draft award submissions As part of NBC Sports Group Communications team and as schedule permits, assist department’s promotion and coverage of big events, including the Olympics, Super Bowl, SNF, NHL, Premier League, horse racing, etc. Assist with management of/proactively pitching speaking opportunities for NBC Sports Group executivesHelp manage and update NBC Sport Group’s press website and corporate biosProvide general oversight of NBC Sports Group History websiteManage executive headshots and photo shoots, and fulfill photo requestsDraft Media Guides, as needed, including the Super Bowl and OlympicsBuild and maintain press listsWork with team members on ad hoc projects, assignments, events, etc., as assignedBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
- Minimum three (3) years working in public relations and/or Sports industry
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered note job #: 46658BR)
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience writing press releases a strong plus
- Experience using CisionPoint a strong plus
- Understanding of TV Sports industry, ratings, and processes a strong plus
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
ABOUT NBC SPORTS GROUP:
When the Comcast-NBCUniversal transaction was completed in January 2011, the two companies combined to form NBC Sports Group, which serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of several assets including NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, Golf Channel, 12 NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio, and NBCSN. NBC Olympics, with more than 100 Emmy Awards for its coverage, is renowned for its unsurpassed, award-winning coverage and at the conclusion of the 2032 Summer Games will have presented a total of 23 Olympic Games and 17 consecutive Games, more than any other U.S. company in both categories. NBCSN, part of the NBC Sports Group, is dedicated to serving passionate sports fans in more than 85 million homes, delivering over 2,400 sporting events annually.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.