The Jr. Publicist will publicize and promote NBC Sports Group programming in accordance with the overall strategy and brand positioning. Responsibilities Provide day-to-day media relations strategy and execution for Premier Lacrosse League, IMSA, Motocross, Rugby, Ironman World Championships Support Communications team to promote sports properties, including Olympics, NFL, NASCAR/Indycar, NHL, Motorsports, All-American Bowl, America’s Cup, Horse Racing, and Combat SportsGenerate press materials, including weekly press releases to support initiatives, content, and tune-in for Football Morning in America, Podcasts, NFL, and Olympics SportsCoordinate media interviews, photo shoots, and publicity opportunitiesPitch ideas and create promotional opportunities for properties and talentSupport publicity efforts for All-American Bowl and America’s Cup, as well as for NBC Sports’ audio programmingServe as a member of the NBC Sports Group Communications team and contribute to initiatives, PR campaigns, and events, as neededContribute new ideas and create content for the NBC Sports Group History websiteDraft Media Guides, as needed, including the Super Bowl and OlympicsAssist with maintaining press lists, corporate bios and the NBC Sports Group Press Box websiteBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
- Minimum (1) one year working in public relations and/or Sports industry
- Submission of writing samples required
- Excellent writing skills
- Passion for Sports
- Must be a team player
- Must be a self-starter, assertive, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Must be detail-oriented, focused and organized
- Must be resourceful and be able to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to exhibit flexibility, and relationship building skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high-energy environment, with capability to work within target deadlines
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience writing press releases a strong plus
- Experience using CisionPoint a strong plus
- Understanding of TV Sports industry, ratings, and processes a strong plus
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
ABOUT NBC SPORTS GROUP:
When the Comcast-NBCUniversal transaction was completed in January 2011, the two companies combined to form NBC Sports Group, which serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of several assets including NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, Golf Channel, 12 NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio, and NBCSN. NBC Olympics, with more than 100 Emmy Awards for its coverage, is renowned for its unsurpassed, award-winning coverage and at the conclusion of the 2032 Summer Games will have presented a total of 23 Olympic Games and 17 consecutive Games, more than any other U.S. company in both categories. NBCSN, part of the NBC Sports Group, is dedicated to serving passionate sports fans in more than 85 million homes, delivering over 2,400 sporting events annually.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.