Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Provide professional phone coverage at all times; screen all calls and determine through independent judgment those which require immediate attention Coordination of travel arrangements Overall management of busy calendarsCoordination and scheduling of meetings Process and track expense reimbursementsInternal Communication/Facilitation: Support the SVP and team on inbound requests across the Ad Sales portfolio and liaise with all appropriate internal groups (Network Partnerships, Consumer/Trade Marketing, Research, etc.) to facilitate seamless, efficient and transparent communication.Aid in the generation of press releases, executive bios, media alerts and other media related documents for distribution and strategic placement in media outlets.Work collaboratively with counterparts across Network Partnerships, Planning, Business Strategy and Sales to refine and enhance ad sales communication for Ad Sales as well as across the NBCU Portfolio.
The Communications Coordinator position is responsible for supporting our Advertising, Partnership Communications and Trade Marketing team and key NBCUniversal stakeholders, internally and externally. The Coordinator will report into our SVP of Communications while working closely with our broader communications and trade marketing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prefer 6-months to 1 year of experience or 1-2 internships with an agency, client or media company sales organization background, where the individual was responsible for supporting team in the development of presentations, sponsorship, creative and promotion
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work at the office in New York, NY.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• General understanding of advertising marketplace across various platforms
• Experience in media marketing and the advertising sales process
• Strong interpersonal skills (i.e., the ability to interact with all levels of management)
• Strong organizational, project & event management skills
• A positive attitude and the ability to work/communicate effectively with different constituents
• A detail-oriented individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Highly innovative with positive energy
• Excellent oral and written skills
• A comprehensive understanding of the suite of Microsoft Office tools, other presentation platforms, etc.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.