Sports Anchor - KSTS
Location: San Jose, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Report and present sports stories of local, national and international interest on airResearch and write for these stories as well as conduct live interviews with key subjectsWork with producers, reporters and associate producers on news broadcastsMonitor sports/newsfeeds when necessaryAbility to use social media to further stories Develop community contactsPerform public speaking engagements and make other appearances as requested by station management
Can't stop talking about sports? We can help with that. Come join us as our Sports Anchor at KSTS - Telemundo 48!
• College degree or equivalent related experience preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Sports Anchor or Reporter in a medium size market
• Demonstrated knowledge of all major sports and knowledge about sports in general
• Video-recording- editing, writing and producing skills
• Excellent writing ability for all platforms, as well as proficiency in newsgathering equipment and computers
• Spanish fluent (spoken and written)
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends & holidays as required
• Possess compelling story telling capability.
• Dynamic on-air personality and professional live reporting skills
• Have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Team player who works well under deadline pressure
• Must be capable of interacting positively and productively with other employees
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.