Program Manager, Social Media
- Full Time
The Social Media Manager is responsible for implementing CR's social media strategy. Working in conjunction with the Director, Social Media, the manager will develop and implement tactical plans to support the strategy, including programming content to maximize its performance on key social media platforms, creating programs that generate traffic back to our sites, incite conversation and engagement, and grow community. The Social Media Manager will also work with internal departments to create social content, make branded content more socially relevant, distribute content across social networks, and raise awareness of Consumer Reports and the issues that it cares about in social channels. The Social Media Manager serves as an ambassador for CR and its associated brands in social channels. The Social Media Manager will regularly analyze quantitative and qualitative metrics and report back to the Director and the organization at large.
- Content Programming on social media platforms: Optimally program new and existing content on our key social platforms, including Facebook and Twitter, in a voice that is in alignment with the brand, platform and content. Assess daily metrics and adjust programming as needed. Be aware of relevant news and social buzz in order to program relevant content. Maintain and grow a database of top, medium, and low content performers. Review, analyze and generate key engagement reports and metrics for the team and other internal teams as needed. Develop and propose new ways to optimize our content on social media platforms. Propose themes, special programs, campaigns.
- Manage and grow CR's presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, IG, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed
- Advocate for the organization in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Oversee brand presence development, communication / posting strategies and day-to-day maintenance of CR activity on secondary social channels such as YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest
- Monitor posts and commentary across all key social channels (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and major blogs) on a daily basis
- Work with Director and Product team to ensure social media tools are kept up to date with active reporting flow
- Develop and work with content group to create socially relevant content, coordinate scheduling across groups and create feedback loop.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis of social conversation in response to issues, situations and other trends impacting brand image and consumer opinions while providing insight and recommendations on overall communication strategies to management.
- Supervise vendors, train and coach internal staff as needed.
- Manage incoming media request via social channels and build relationships with social industry experts and journalists.
- Participate constructively in inter-departmental programs as needed.
The position requires advanced knowledge and understanding of social media and networking platforms and tools including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and others; must have demonstrated success in social media campaigns including fan growth, increased engagement and growth of brand presence including supporting data and metrics; community management experience a must, experience in public relations and/or marketing preferred. Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships. Strong project management and organizational skills
Innovation- Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment; helps others step out of their comfort zone and be more open to new ideas and approaches; drives and delivers organizational change.
Influence – Demonstrates ability to effectively persuade others to listen, commit, and act on a new approach. Thoroughly considers all possibilities and weighs the risks and benefits prior to convincing others. Gains support from others without relying on authority or intimidation.
Presence – Captures and commands attention and respect from others; demeanor demonstrates self-assurance and certainty without suggesting arrogance or superficiality
Teamwork – Encourages participation and collaboration of team to solve issues that will benefit the organization and its customers.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/5ndtq72mcg7p8nzj