Part Time Retail Sales Associate
- Full Time
- Competitive base salary plus uncapped commission plan
- Work-life balance, including generous time off policies PLUS 7 paid holidays and flexible part-time hours
- Retirement benefits including highly competitive 401(k) matching
- Free Internet and other Cox discounted services
- Career development programs and ongoing training, including tuition assistance
- Future career growth and promotional opportunities
- Ensures individual sales, retention, and customer experience targets are met
- Explains, illustrates, demonstrates product and accessory capabilities and offers suggestions based on customers’ wants and needs using established sales tools and technology
- Provides best-in-class customer service by consistently practicing sales behaviors.
- Aids customers in completing purchases using established tools, and resolves issues promptly and professionally; maintains polished and professional presence and adherence to appearance guidelines.
- Executes promotions and campaigns designed to increase brand equity and achieve sales objectives
- Assists with store opening and closing duties, maintaining proper cash handling metrics
- Participates in inventory cycle counts
- Ensures sales floor remains well merchandised, clean, and visually appealing at all times
- Participates in workshops, special events, and product demonstrations to drive customer loyalty
- Continuously expands knowledge of current Cox products as well as competitor product offerings by participating in regular training classes inside and outside of the store
- May be required to work in other locations in the same geographical area.
- Provides support for other sales agents as needed to ensure optimal customer service
HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
Ability to meet established sales, retention, and customer experience targets
Willingness to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends, evenings, and holidays
Track record of high individual performance with demonstrated financial result in sales and retention
Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively sell products using a solutions-based approach
Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a service-oriented, fast-paced team environment
Computer literacy with an aptitude for learning communication products, services, and accessories
Ability to lift 25-50 pounds to help manage stock room inventory
Ability to be mobile within the store for long periods of time to greet customers and demonstrate products and services
AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline desired
One or more year of experience preferred in related field (i.e. Sales, Retail Sales, Service Industry, etc)
Previous experience with store operational duties
Cash handling and previous billing system experience
Ability to showcase or drive solution minded resolutions for customer issues.
Sales, Retail, Service Industry, and Customer Engaging role where customer decisions are influenced
Ability to understand customer service principles and measures
Fluency in the Spanish language, both written and spoken
About Cox CommunicationsCox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.